The Health Planning, Research and Statistics Department ensures the achievement of the goals and objectives of the National Health Policy.
To serve as the channel through which the Ministry performs its stewardship role and other statutory responsibilities necessary for achieving the goals and objectives of the National Health
- Development of Plans (Rolling, Medium and Perspective) and Preparation of Budgets;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Programmes, Projects and Plans Implementation;
- Serve as Secretariat to the National Council on Health;
- Conduct research into the sectors over which the Ministry has jurisdiction, in collaboration with other departments and agencies, institutions and parastatals;
- Conduct Research into the internal organizational, operational and management modalities of the Ministry;
- Routine collection and processing of Data and Statistics relating to the Ministry and the Health Sector;
- Liaison with relevant bodies outside the Ministry;
- Coordinating, tracking and assessing MDG projects and programmes;
- Planning and coordination of Human Resources for Health development;
- International Health & Resource Mobilization;
- Implementation of World Bank/African Development Bank Health Systems Development Project;
- Coordination of National Health Management Information System;
- Serves as Secretariat of the National Health Research Ethics Committee.