Department of Procurement
To ensure full implementation of the Ministry’s yearly appropriation, through proactive and efficient procurement management system.
The department is headed by a Director, with two major divisions; Capital and Recurrent and operating through seven unit vis-à-vis
- Price intelligence
- Donor Funds
- BPP/Hospital Liaising
- Direct Procurement
- Carry out needs assessment
- Aggregates various departmental work plan
- Prepare Ministry’s Procurement plan
- Carry out transparent Procurement process
- Carry out procurement audit on the Ministry, Agencies/programmes and parastatals
- Recommend contractors for payment
- Carry out Monitory and Evaluation of Procurement process within the ministry, agencies/Programmes and parastatals
- Provide up-to-date information on budget performance
To process all procurement needs of the ministry inline with PPA Acts 2007 and other extant regulation to engender public confidence, probity, accountability and ultimately value for money.