Public Health Department is one of the oldest departments in Federal Ministry of Health created with the mandate of formulating Public health policies and guide-lines; and support their implementation and evaluation in Nigeria through health promotion, surveillance and prevention of disease programme in Nigeria.
A vibrant department that is responsive to the evolving health needs of Nigerians
To contribute towards the provision of optimal health for all Nigerians in line with existing National Health Policy.
To coordinate the formulation of Public health policies and guide-lines; and support their implementation and evaluation in Nigeria through health promotion, surveillance and prevention.
- Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs)
- Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S)
- Port Health Services (PHS)
- National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP)
- National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP)
- Epidemiology Services
- National Eye Health Programme (NEHP)
- National Onchocerciasis Control Programme (NOCP)
- National Lymphatic Filariasis Elimination Programme
- National Schistosomiasis & Soil Transmitted Helminths Control Programme (SCHISTO & STH)
- Nigeria Guinea Worm Eradication Programme (NIGEP) & Human African Trypanosomiasis (NIGEP & HAT)
- Zoonotic Disease NTDs Unit
- Climate Change Unit
- Community Development Unit
- Echitab Unit
- National Arbo Virus Control Programme, Enugu
- National TB & Leprosy Training Center, Zaria
- West African Health Examination Board (WAHEB)
- Community Health Practitioners Registration Board of Nigeria