The Federal Ministry of Health has called for submission of abstracts for the National Micronutrients Conference, 2019.
The nutritional status of Nigerian women and children continues to be of serious concern to Government and its development partners. Nationally, over 13 million children are stunted and over 2.6 million severely malnourished. This makes Nigeria one of the countries with the highest number of stunted (37%), underweight (19.9%) and wasted (10%) children (National Nutrition Health Survey, 2018).
Micronutrient deficiencies are an enduring public health problem for the country. Malnutrition is pernicious, not only having an acute impact at an individual level, but also stalling social progress and undermining national development. Tackling both the immediate impacts and underlying causes of malnutrition would protect the most vulnerable- women and children in the society.
The conference aims to create an interphase and generate discussions among multiple stakeholders representing different sectors on leveraging strengths to scale up micronutrients’ interventions within the country to contribute to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The overall theme of the conference is “Nourishing Nigeria: Micronutrients for Equitable and Sustainable Development of Nigeria”.
A. Micronutrients’ Deficiencies Control: Policy and legislative landscape.
B. Delivery strategies for micronutrients: Past, present and future.
C. Expanding micronutrients financing opportunities in Nigeria.
D. Micronutrient programme scale up through Public-private partnership.
• Guest of Honor: His Excellency the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - Prof. Yemi Osinbajo
• Date: Thursday, 1st and Friday, 2nd August, 2019
• Venue: Transcorp Hilton, Abuja.
• Time: 8am daily
• Host: Federal Ministry of Health
i. Opening Ceremony/keynote address
ii. Plenary sessions
iii. Technical sessions
CALL FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACT
1. A soft copy of extended abstract should be sent not later than Friday 12th July, 2019 through this email:
2. Accepted peer reviewed extended abstracts will be published in a book of abstract which will be provided to all registered participants.
3. Extended abstract should not be more than 1000 words (2 pages) with a maximum of 5 (five) key words
4. Original articles/ review papers and program/ projects are acceptable papers
The following format should be followed
• Title of paper (including Author(s) name and affiliation(s); email and phone number of the corresponding author)
• Result(s)/Outcome (s) and Discussion
5. Extended abstract(s) should not have more than 5 (five) references, one Table or Figure
6. Papers should be 1.5-line spacing and font 12 with times New Roman
7. Deadline for extended abstract is 12th July, 2019
ALL ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS WILL BE FULLY FUNDED.