Ladi Bako Aiyegbusi mni
- Formulate Policies, Guidelines, Strategies, Protocols, Training and Data management tools and systems on Optimal Nutrition
- Advocate for required resources for Health
Sector Nutrition programmes at all levels in Nigeria
- Coordinate the development of
Human Resource Competency for provision of Optimal Nutrition Services and Information in Nigeria
- Coordinate the provision of Optimal Nutrition programmes at all
settings in Nigeria
- Institutionalize appropriate Mechanisms for
Research, Knowledge Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of
Nutrition programmes at all levels
- Institutionalize Nutrition Commodities Logistic Management Information System at all levels in Nigeria.
- Coordinate Stakeholders Engagement in Health Sector Nutrition programmes.
- Coordinate Media Engagement to promote
behavioral change on Healthy Feeding Practices.
- Coordinate Nutritional Support aimed at Empowering the
populace for Nutrition Security.
The Department is responsible for formulation and development of policy,
planning/programming, advocacy, capacity building, supportive supervision,
research, monitoring and evaluation of health sector nutrition programmes and
projects as outlined below:
the development/review of Policies, Guidelines, Strategies, Protocols, Training
manuals and Data management tools and systems on Nutrition programmes in Nigeria.
- Coordinate adherence
to recommended agenda settings on Nutrition services and
practices by stakeholders along the continuum of care
for resource (human, material and financial) mobilization for health sector
Nutrition programmes, managerial and structural processes at all levels
- Facilitate capacity
building for human resource development in providing nutrition services
- Promote the provision
of optimal Nutrition services in all
settings including emergency situations
and management of acute malnutrition at all levels at
implementation of recommended action on
School aged, Adolescents and Older people nutritional
- Coordinate equitable
access to micronutrients by
the populace at all levels
- Coordinate research and knowledge sharing on nutrition
programmes for health sector and food transformative pathway
the use of appropriate technology to track performance, knowledge management,
and learning of nutrition programmes for evidence-based planning and decision
the Institutionalization of Nutrition Commodities Logistic and Information Management
Systems at all levels.
- Coordinate local and international bodies and Actors in health
sector nutrition programmes.
- Coordinate SBC campaigns to promote healthy and safe
feeding practices along life cycle to achieve nutrition security.
- Coordinate Local and International Conferences in
- Institutionalise and Coordinate linkages between
Nutrition specific and Nutrition sensitive interventions for sustainable